- How social media reacted to Colorado firing head coach Karl Dorrell - Colorado Buffaloes Wire October 2, 2022
- What they’re saying about Browns’ loss to Falcons: Social media reaction - cleveland.com October 2, 2022
- Social media puzzled by Georgia football performance against Missouri: 'We did not play well' - DawgNation October 2, 2022
- Power of social media prevents disaster for Kate Lawler at London Marathon - Economic Times October 2, 2022
- Social Media Made Me Do It: The Drink Bottle That Flavors Water With Scent - Yahoo News October 2, 2022
- Video of Azeri soldiers allegedly killing Armenian POWs surfaces on social media - TVP World October 2, 2022
- How Kanye West Allegedly Feels About A Possible Reconciliation With Kim Kardashian Following Social Media Drama - CinemaBlend October 2, 2022
- Why Russia Is Nicknamed the “Weak Goose” on Chinese Social Media - What's on Weibo October 2, 2022
- The Celebrated Science Fiction Writer That Seemingly Predicted Social Media Back In 1987 - Grunge October 2, 2022
- Vaneeza Ahmed Takes A Dig At Ayeza Khan's Social Media Following - Reviewit.pk October 2, 2022
- Staying cyber-aware: New social media scams to watch out for - Alabama NewsCenter October 2, 2022
- Social media moments leading up to Florida’s Week 5 matchup vs. EWU - Yahoo Sports October 2, 2022
- Florida Football: Social media reactions ahead of Eastern Washington - Gators Wire October 2, 2022
- High School Football Highlights: Week 5 social media buzz - USA TODAY High School Sports October 2, 2022
- Big Eyes Coin generates massive interest on social media. Can it displace Ethereum and Litecoin in the long term? - Analytics Insight October 2, 2022
- Stranger Things' Noah Schnapp Is Caught Up In Another Social Media Snafu, And It Involves A Bachelor Alum - CinemaBlend October 2, 2022
- Lee Health Hospital provides latest updates; debunks social media rumors - Wink News October 2, 2022
- AEW Star Continues To Tease Departure On Social Media - https://wrestletalk.com/ October 2, 2022
- Columbia Journalism Review: The social-media platforms, the "Big Lie," and the coming elections - Brooklyn Daily Eagle October 2, 2022
- Why I’m convinced BeReal is the best social media app - Aleteia October 2, 2022
- Kwantlen First Nation celebrates food and culture through – Aldergrove Star - Aldergrove Star October 2, 2022 Google Inc.
- City mayor says council calls her a 'thief' during election debate – Aldergrove Star - Aldergrove Star September 30, 2022 Google Inc.
- Kwantlen Polytechnic University Brewing Program Holding Information Session and Open House - Canadian Beer News September 28, 2022 Google Inc.
- Post-Secondary Employer's Association reaches tentative agreement with BCGEU locals - Energeticcity.ca September 27, 2022 Google Inc.
- Elliott Pope earns top award in GCSAA Scholars Competition - GCMOnline.com - Golf Course Management magazine September 27, 2022 Google Inc.
- Surrey buildings turn orange for National Day of Truth and Reconciliation - Surrey Now Leader September 27, 2022 Google Inc.
- Richmond business leaders meet to discuss recovery and resilience - Richmond News September 27, 2022 Google Inc.
- News Brief: Clubs Day event not approved in KSA executive meeting, no council meeting date set - The Runner September 26, 2022 Google Inc.
- KPU English department hosts first annual Intersectional Social Justice Essay Awards - The Runner September 25, 2022 Google Inc.
- Salmon and Cranberry Festival comes to McMillan Island – Aldergrove Star - Aldergrove Star September 21, 2022 Google Inc.
- Surrey Saw 5x More New Homes Registered than Vancouver in August - Storeys September 19, 2022 Google Inc.
- KPU offers research and grant program for students - The Runner September 19, 2022 Google Inc.
- Province invests in research infrastructure, innovation at post-secondary institutions | BC Gov News - BC Gov News September 18, 2022 Google Inc.
- How Rich Is Ryan Reynolds? Net Worth, Bio/Wiki, Movies & More! - Alpha News Call September 16, 2022 Google Inc.
- No, Longer Prison Sentences do not Reduce Crime - CCLA - Canadian Civil Liberties Association September 16, 2022 Google Inc.
- Top ranked UBC women's hockey splits first weekend series - Ubyssey Online October 2, 2022
- Fast start powers UBC women's soccer to victory over Wolfpack - Ubyssey Online October 2, 2022
- UW Women Take Top Spot In 4K At Burnaby Lake - University of Washington Athletics October 1, 2022
- Will's Sports Shorts; Saturday, October 1 - My PG Now October 1, 2022
- Men's Soccer vs University of Northern British Columbia on 9/30/2022 - Box Score - UBC Thunderbirds October 1, 2022
- UBC researcher examines COVID-19 through West End seniors’ eyes - Vancouver Sun September 30, 2022
- UBC firing of student advisor for sex app use OK, court rules - Vancouver Is Awesome September 30, 2022
- UBC study looks at role of mifepristone in abortion access | CTV News - CTV News Vancouver September 30, 2022
- Lack of campus debate a 'scandal,' Catholic academic says at UBC talk - The B.C. Catholic September 29, 2022
- Ian Wallace wins the 2022 Audain Prize for Visual Art - Vancouver Sun September 29, 2022
- B.C. government makes announcement about improvements to healthcare system - BC News - Castanet.net September 29, 2022
- Between the Motions: Councillors hear presentation on Campus Vision 2050 - Ubyssey Online September 29, 2022
- Early childhood education program enrolment rises in B.C. | BC Gov News - BC Gov News September 29, 2022
- Event: Intergenerational March to commemorate Orange Shirt Day - UBC News September 29, 2022
- UBC In The News - UBC News September 28, 2022
- PM Modi Speaks to Akhilesh Yadav to Enquire About Mulayam Singh's Health - News18 October 2, 2022
- School of Business restructures departments | News | dailycourier.com - Front Page October 2, 2022
- Story in numbers: What does your child learn in the formative years? - Business Standard October 2, 2022
- Eritrea: Education basic in ensuring social justice - African Business October 2, 2022
- Jiffy Lube Franchise Enitor Enterprises Drives To Do More in Northern Colorado by Providing Support to The Matthews House - North Forty News October 2, 2022
- Ten Biggest Surprises In Bloomberg Businessweek's 2022 MBA Ranking - Poets&Quants October 2, 2022
- Expanded education is key to filling high-demand trades professions in B.C. - Vancouver Sun October 2, 2022
- East Africa Chasing Silver Linings in Asia - Part II - Japan - AllAfrica - Top Africa News October 2, 2022
- Education is the new buffalo, says Parry Sound-Muskoka columnist - muskokaregion.com October 2, 2022
- Economists say inflation is easier on Gen Z, TikTok disagrees - Alabama Public Radio October 2, 2022
- IIFT MBA IB 2023-25 Registration Begins at iift.nta.nic.in - News18 October 2, 2022
- Applying For A Home Loan? Check The Steps And Documents Required - News18 October 2, 2022
- The ASPCA® Announces Recipients of the 2022 Humane Awards - North Forty News October 1, 2022
- India Condemns Terror Attack on Education Centre in Afghanistan's Kabul - News18 October 1, 2022
- Colliers International Canada CEO Brian Rosen on returning to the office, fruit flies, and supply-side housing shortages - Toronto Star October 1, 2022
Tag Archives: language
It seems staggering that the brand new mayor of NYC, Eric Adams, could use the words “low skilled workers” to describe anyone who works in his city. I could walk for hours through Manhattan before seeing *anyone* whose work I … Continue reading
… is boldness, wrote Pasternak. “That is what’s brought us to one another.” Apropos: After Wolfgang Pauli had given a colloquium on some ideas related to particle physics, Pauli said to Neils Bohr: “You will probably think that what I … Continue reading
I had not thought this possible. A very poignant story via the great Language Log.
One of the best pure writers I have ever seen was a psychology student at Kwantlen Polytechnic University named Emily (she gave me permission to use her first name). She could amalgamate and compress numerous, complex source articles into a … Continue reading
From professor Jonathan Mayhew: One of Orwell’s sillier pieces of writing advice is “Never use a metaphor, simile, or other figure of speech which you are used to seeing in print.” Orwell advises “scrapping of every word or idiom which … Continue reading
The Washington Post compiles a helpful list; it’s up to 200. I am guilty of using the following in speaking (and the first one listed here in writing, too – alas): Any “not-un” formulation (as in “not unsurprising that you’d … Continue reading
A friend in the media emailed me this morning: “Everyone keeps talking about hostages having been taken in Paris. Doesn’t the word ‘hostage’ imply a demand on the part of the terrorists? They made no demands; they intended all along … Continue reading
In Fairport, New York, where I grew up, there were lots of Italian American families, and I had many Italian American friends (still do). I married an Italian American from Liverpool, New York, and have a son from this marriage … Continue reading
Read more at the always alert, amusing, and erudite Language Log.