Companies are not loyal to you. Please never believe a company has your back. They are amoral by design and will discard you at a moment’s notice.
Negotiate aggressively, ask other freelancers what they’re getting paid, and don’t buy into the financial negging of some suit.
I’ve cobbled together many different streams of income, so that if the bottom falls out of one industry, I’m not ruined. My mom worked in packaging design. When computers fundamentally changed the field, she lost all her work. I learned from this.
Very often people who blow up and become famous fast already have some other sort of income, either parental money, spousal money, money saved from another job, or corporate backing behind the scenes. Other times they’ve actually been working for 10 years and no one noticed until suddenly they passed some threshold. Either way, its good to take a hard look – you’ll learn from studying both types of people, and it will keep you from delusional myth-making.
I’ve never had a big break. I’ve just had tiny cracks in this wall of indifference until finally the wall wasn’t there any more
Don’t be a dick. Be nice to everyone who is also not a dick, help people who don’t have the advantages you do, and never succumb to crabs in the barrel infighting.
Remember that most people who try to be artists are kind of lazy. Just by busting your ass, you’re probably good enough to put yourself forward, so why not try?
- Alabama Transfer WR Agiye Hall Removes All Texas Content from Social Media Platforms - Sports Illustrated May 17, 2022
- Trust Index: Social media posts claim there’s a trick you can use through Amazon to find baby formula - WJXT News4JAX May 17, 2022
- Gladstone man arrested after contacting girls on social media, Sheriff looks for additional victims - WLUC May 17, 2022
- Increased police presence at some local schools in response to threats made on social media - WKBW 7 News Buffalo May 17, 2022
- Students call for tougher monitoring of social media videos - Financial Times May 17, 2022
- Pierina Merino: Rethinking Social Media for the Metaverse - CoinDesk May 17, 2022
- New military parents: Ignore social media posts promising free baby formula from Tricare - Military Times May 17, 2022
- Candle Media Acquires Gen Z Social Video Company ATTN - Deadline May 17, 2022
- Social Media's Effect On Kids' Wellbeing Is A Public Health Emergency - Romper May 17, 2022
- Before his Twitter takeover offer, Elon Musk considered launching his own social media company - Fortune May 17, 2022
- City seeking public input on Prince George's policing needs - Prince George Citizen May 17, 2022
- City seeks public feedback in review of RCMP - CKPGToday.ca May 16, 2022
- Vernon newspaper golden at B.C. awards gala - Vernon Morning Star May 16, 2022
- Garden club returns to in-person events - Delta Optimist May 15, 2022
- All ethnicities in Richmond need to tackle racism - Richmond News May 14, 2022
- KPU vice president of students running for Vancouver School Board trustee - The Runner May 14, 2022
- MMA Mangat prepares for Singapore bout against world champion – Williams Lake Tribune - Williams Lake Tribune May 12, 2022
- Socially responsible, ready to inspire – Surrey Now-Leader - Surrey Now Leader May 9, 2022
- Dr. Ayman Elnaggar innovates teaching for his students - UBC Okanagan News - University of British Columbia May 17, 2022
- COVID-19 update: New U of A study sheds light on hospital readmission risk; North Korea mobilizes army amid COVID wave - Edmonton Journal May 17, 2022
- Industry Special: A changing of the guard for key BCCSA committees - constructconnect.com - Daily Commercial News May 17, 2022
- UBCO researcher examines effects of university research restrictions caused by COVID-19 - UBC Okanagan News - University of British Columbia May 17, 2022
- Cannabis Worth Over 1000 Kgs Seized From Truck Along Assam-Tripura Border; 2 Held - NorthEast Today May 17, 2022
- T-Birds edged by Warriors in opening round of NAIA Baseball National Championship - University of British Columbia Athletics - UBC Thunderbirds May 17, 2022
- Mapping The Pacific's Busiest 'Blue Corridors' Could Help Us Save Fish Populations - ScienceAlert May 17, 2022
- Much Ado about Shakespeare - TheTyee.ca May 17, 2022
- Deborah Chorbajian Obituary (1963 - 2022) - Latham, NY - Albany Times Union - Legacy.com May 17, 2022
- Do Compass Group's results signal a return to the old normal? - WATTAgNet Industry News & Trends May 17, 2022
- Investor Alert: Bronstein, Gewirtz & Grossman, LLC Notifies First High-School Education Group Co., Ltd. (FHS) Investors of Class Action and Encourages Shareholders to Contact the Firm - Business Wire May 17, 2022
- Best MBA programs if you want to get poached by Apple or Google - Fortune May 17, 2022
- Putting the “Social” Back in Social Enterprise: An Evidence-Based Approach - Non Profit News - Nonprofit Quarterly May 17, 2022
- Byju's in talks to acquire Chegg or 2U, Evaluating US-Based Firms' Financials; Know More - News18 May 17, 2022
- President Zelensky urges US universities to help rebuild Ukraine's higher education system - Science Business May 17, 2022
- India aims to roll out 6G telecom network by end of decade, says PM Modi - Jagran English May 17, 2022